Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Things I Don't Understand: Nautical Bathrooms

There are lots of things I don't understand.

As I've said many times before, I am only human.

But some things I don't understand that maybe are understandable if only someone who does understand would impart upon me their understanding.

One such misunderstanding is the nautical bathroom decor.

It seems to be abundant. In fact, there is not a decor store I have been to that does not have nautical-themed bathroom items such as towels, little wall hangings, compass roses, sea shells, etc.

But what is it about the bathroom that makes for a good nautical scene?

Is it that it is a place with more water than other places in the house?

Now, I realize that other rooms can and do have nautical themes. I've seem nautical kids rooms, dens, living rooms and if someone were a sailor or otherwise interested in oceanography or something, then I guess it makes sense, but some people just do nautical bathrooms just because.

I don't think I've ever seen a nautical kitchen.

Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment