Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When I'm awfully low....

God bless Frank Sinatra.

Every now and then, when things get a little overbearing and I find myself feelings lonely or frustrated or tired, for some reason I start to hum a little tune.

It's a well known song that has been around for ages and in countless movies.

It goes like:

Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you...
And the way you look tonight.

Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.

With each word your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart...
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.

Lovely ... Never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it ?
'Cause I love you ... Just the way you look tonight.

Mm, Mm, Mm, Mm,
Just the way you look to-night.

Now, I don't have any particular memories to go along with the song. There's no one standing in a tux in the back of my mind, or even in a pair of whitey-tighties and a toothbrush hanging out of their mouth that brings about feelings of warmth and glee.

It's just a song that makes me happy.

Then again, anyone who doesn't feel better after listening to Frank Sinatra has issues.

DEEP issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment