Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The NingXia Red Project: Week 2

What a week!

There has been quite a lot going on and so it's been interesting to see how the NingXia Red (NR) has having an impact, if at all. Ultrasounds, chiropractor and midwife appointments, storms,... there was not much of a break. There has also been something we've been fighting in this house and I can't quite identify if it's been sinus, allergy or virus related. That being said, we started our week with lots of Thieves and R.C. being diffused and applied to everyone, including peppermint, lemon and lavender for my husband in addition to all of the blends being put on me to make me comfortable in my final weeks of my pregnancy.

To attempt to keep the sickness at bay I put a drop of Thieves in my NR on Tuesday and ooohh, heaven help me, it tasted absolutely TERRIBLE!!! YUCK!!! From then on it's just been on my feet, throat and spine. Although I did do a raccoon mask of R.C., Thieves and Peppermint when I felt like my sinuses were trying to kill me.

So, anyway, let's get down to it. How was my week.

1) Energy
My energy this week has been weird. With all the sickness and allergies going around there was a lot of up and down but, in general, my energy was good. I did start taking a second ounce of NR on those days when I would have a higher demand for my energy and it has definitely had an impact on how I feel.

On days that I've been out for long days walking and working in the yard I've been a bit more tired towards the evening but I guess that's to be expected when you are 35 weeks pregnant and getting out and about for the first time all season.

2) Digestion

My digestion has remained pretty regular this week. I also noticed that with the regularity in my digestion I don't seem to be getting as much heart burn. I don't have heartburn when not pregnant but not having it so bad in these last few weeks is nice, too.

3) Joint/Musculoskeletal
My aches and pains this week have increased. I've had one chiropractor appointment and my neck has been killing me. Although I'm not sure how much of that is actual aches and pains or sickness. I have a tendency to have a sore neck the day or two before I get really sick and so it could have been "just a neck ache" or it could have been my body fighting off an illness. I guess I'll never know!

4) Appetite
Still no cravings for sugar! I had an appointment with my midwife and she was pleased to hear that the NR has kept me off sugar and caffeine. She's excited to see how it will continue to work in these last 4 weeks!

5) Mental Acuity
I've had a lot of mental work this week and have felt very "normal."

6) Mood

My mood has GREATLY improved this week. It started out on Monday when I decided I was sick of being a crabby-puss. I was feeling very stressed and irritable and decided to have some bonding time with my bathtub and some Frankincense and Valor. I put 6 drops of Frankincense and 3-4 of Valor into Epsom salts and then into a warm bath.

I've never taken mood altering drugs in my life, but I can't imagine they could have any better of an effect than what that combination did for me. I felt so good. So relaxed and so... at peace. I got out of the bath smelling like Frankincense and couldn't stop talking about how good I felt. I went on about it so much that my husband opted to try it, too, and he got out of the bath saying how good he felt, too.

That was my "reset button" and I was determined to stay that way the rest of the week.

Tuesday, being one of my most stressful days of the week came and before the busiest time I went ahead and took another ounce of NR and dived in. I was so at peace with myself and my kids. I handled them like I always imagined a good mother would. I was gracious, patient and loving instead of crabby, demanding and abrasive. In response they were much less on edge and far more apt to settle down instead of counteract to Mom's sour attitude.

I also learned that Joy does wonderful things to my daughter's sour attitude. Good to know!

So now, when I know it's about to get busy and stressful I go ahead and take another ounce of NR and I can definitely tell that it helps buoy me through the stress and keep me from getting irritable and moody.

Which reminds me. It's 3pm on a Tuesday.. it's about to get real around here.. need to take my double dose.

No comments:

Post a Comment